Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Trash or treasure?

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shop at Le' Curb Boutique, nor that I sometimes commence Operation Rescue the Recyclables. Saturday night I picked up a pallet from the side of the road. Yesterday the girls and I snagged some ornaments that were dumped in the recycling bin. The pallet is waiting for some inspiration on my part. The ornaments were put to use right away. I took some thread and strung them to make a colorful banner for the girls' very bleak looking room.

In other crafting news, I made this belt for Yahaira a week or so ago. She is one skinny lady, and has a colorful personality, so this belt is perfect for her!

On Saturday we went up to Seoul so I could "run" a 5k in support of the Oak Tree Project. Yahaira joined me on my walk/jog. I had pinched a lower back nerve on Monday, to the point where I couldn't physically stand up for 2 hours, so I did not attempt to run on Saturday. Yahaira and I walked along, with an occasional jog now and then. Our original plan was to do the race and then head over to the Korean War Museum. Before we ever made it up to Seoul, little man was wearing us out. Add in the cold, Israella and Daniel were crazy. We knew our limits and headed back home afterwards. The 2 littles and I got naps. Yahaira got a father-daughter date. Then Israella got a mommy-daughter date when she woke up. Maybe next weekend we can make it to the museum.



Today we are having a letter party to celebrate Israella's interest in writing. Unschooling is fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...