Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Purses, Mounds and Avocados

Yesterday I whipped up 2 new purses for the girls while the Korean "nanny" was here. It was nice to not have kids constantly bugging me for something while trying to get some sewing done. The downside was that I was standing at the kitchen counter to sew. I don't have a dedicated space for sewing, so I just plop the sewing machine on the kitchen counter and stand to sew. Needless to say, I don't sew often. Now pictures of said purses:

Today we went for a little "hike" before dinner. We climbed the hills back around our housing area. There are a bunch of little mounds scattered throughout the wooded hillside. We are not sure what they are. I thought they might be dugout type remnants from the Korean War, or things for Korean soldiers to use to practice with (since we do live near a Korean outpost), or burial mounds.
I'm not sure what these are for. But they were all over the hillside we climbed. Only at one did we see a stone marker, with some Korean writing on it. So maybe it was a grave site?


 We then climbed a hill and walked back home via the road (kind of)...


 ...we detoured to see if we could take a shortcut through the thick trees/shrubs back to our house.
Home once more, we ate a delicious meal of beans, lettuce, carrots, peppers and avocados. My redheads love avocados; not so much Yahaira though. We love them so much we eat them straight out of the skin!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...