Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Friday, September 12, 2014

She is braver than me

We had to go to a hail and farewell for the battalion today. There were games of softball, soccer, volleyball, food and a dunk tank. Yahaira saw a girl go in the dunk tank and asked if she could do it too. We payed the $5 for 3 balls and I got to dunk her. I nailed it on the first throw. Down she went, then fast she came up and out. It was cold water. I think people had put a bag of ice in it at the beginning. It was a fundraiser thing. You got to pay $5 for 3 balls and try to dunk the BN commander, 1SGT, Company commanders and anyone else who got suckered into being dunked. Then Yahaira comes along and asks to do it of her own free will.
We didn't have a change of clothes for her, but it was right before the food was finished being cooked. Thankfully I had a button up shirt on over my t-shirt, and she had a sweater in the car. She so got to wear my shirt as a dress and her sweater over it to keep warm while we ate dinner. She was happy to take a nice hot bath when we got home:)

I'm thankful that my daughter is finding her bravery and expressing it. She is becoming quite the dare devil...like climbing over the partition on our roof top terrace, right next to the edge of the 3 story house. My heart skipped a few beats and my belly flipped when I saw that...and he younger sister following too. That's what I get for letting them go up there to watch the sunset with her friends who live next door (attached to us). They climbed on over to the friend's side and I found them there. I discovered how they got over there when I asked them to come back on our side and get baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...