Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Yahwey is His name

I've opened up a can of worms, so to speak. For about a year I've wondered why the Bible just uses Lord, LORD and God instead of the actual names of Yahwey. Some say it is out of respect to not speak Yahwey's name, but I don't buy that. Do people just refer you to as sir, or ma'am out of respect? I mean, people you know? People you are close to? Your family? If Yahwey is supposed to be an almighty and personal God, why would I not call Him by His names? The ones He has called Himself? If He found it important enough to tell us humans His names, Yahwey (LORD), Yahwey tsaba (LORD of hosts), El Elyown (Most High God) and others, isn't it important enough for us to learn His names and call Him by them?

I am nowhere near the understanding of all Yahwey's names. I bet people could name more (at least the English equivalents) of Yahwey's names than I could. But why is it just a head knowledge and not one that is part of how we (I) speak to Him? While the kids and I memorize various psalms, I have been replacing LORD with Yahwey, but I am actually doing the digging now and looking into the Hebrew and finding out which actual name is used for every reference put as God, Lord, LORD. It is a labor of love though. I mean, I would hate it if my kids never called me Mommy or Mom, but instead only called me Ma'am. Or if my Dad only called me Daughter or Girl instead of Amanda.

There are so many people who talk about God, but never actually know Yahwey. There are others who worship a god, but not Yahwey Emeth Elohiym (Yahwey the True God). How am I to introduce people to the actually only living God, if I don't even know His name? I mean, tell them about THE ONE TRUE GOD, and not get "lost in translation". I've had conversations with people about God, and only referred to Yahwey as God. Then come to find out later on, through more conversations and the things the others were saying, that we were not talking about the same God at all. Our understandings were very different, but we both just used the blanket term of God in referring to who we each worshipped. And it was not the same God at all. The Messiah is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Without His sacrifice, we (I) could never be able to call Yahwey, Abba (which means Daddy). I would only be able to call Yahwey, Shaphat (which means Judge). He came to teach us how to talk to Yahwey, He came so we could talk to Yahwey. So I'm going to talk to Yahwey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...