Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Monday, July 7, 2014

It's been a decade!

On July 3rd, we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. Time has flown by. I can't believe we've been married for a decade! We've definitely had our ups and downs, but I am so thankful that this man has kept me around through all my crazy emotions. I probably would have dumped my crazy self a long time ago if I was him, but praise God Daniel isn't like me:)

We didn't do anything special to celebrate. Having 3 young ones and being in a new place (read no one you know to watch the kiddos) doesn't really lend itself to going on a fancy (or even non-fancy date). Daniel did get me flowers though. I think this was the first time in our entire relationship. He has gotten me an edible arrangement a few times (which were delicious by the way). The girls each picked out a rose and put it in a vase for me. Daniel's card was in true Daniel fashion, "Thanks for keeping me around." Some people may scoff at the simplicity of the flowers, or the no non-sense celebration, but I am thankful for it. I would rather put the money towards traveling or doing something. I'm a low maintenance kind of gal, and I'm pretty sure Daniel is thankful for that.
We finally got my camera back. It broke when we tried the underwater feature way back in the end of March. Since it was brand new, we mailed it back to get fixed. 3 months later we finally got a new one. I guess it was unrepairable and the new model was coming out, so we ended up having to wait months for the new model to be released. Here are some pictures we've taken with it these past few days:

Yahaira gave me a makeover

 



Monsoon season has finally arrived here in southern Arizona:



These are from our drive back home from Tucson on Saturday. When the rain finally hit, it was so bad that I couldn't see anything 2 feet in front of us. Good thing these thing last only for a few minutes before it lets up enough to drive. It rains for like half an hour and then it passes on. It's really neat to see the monsoons sweeping across the mountains and desert valleys. They go in patches. Maybe I'll get a picture of what I mean: sun and clear, then a patch of heavy rain for 5 square miles, surrounded by sun and clear everywhere else.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...