Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Staying in a hostel with kids

We opted to forgo a hotel and stay at The Morty Rich Hostel while in Houston. It was cheaper to pay for 6 beds instead of pay for 2 hotels rooms per night (since my sister and nephew are in town with us too). The kids love the bunk beds. I think they love that it is like a great big house too. Braden, my nephew, is quite the friendly fella when it comes to socializing with adult males. He was the score keeper for people playing billards, he has played a few games against some of the guys too, and he took it upon himself to teach some foreigners English (though I'm not sure that they needed the help).

The first evening/morning I felt a little awkward since we have young kids (7, 4 and 1.5 years). I felt like people were like, "Why is there a little boy running around in the kitchen when we're trying to cook?"And then in the morning I felt like we had to tip toe around since we get up at 6 am. But by 7, the guy who works here was assured me that the kids are fine and they can talk normally. I guess he heard me tell the kids, "Shh." One to many times.

This morning we got up and did life like we normally do, no "Shh-ing" to be had. Several people here have even commented on how cute the kids are, so I guess I don't feel so awkward anymore. 

We have our own balcony:

The kids love the bunk beds!




Yesterday afternoon Yahaira and I went on a date to get her hair cut at a kids' salon. She got it cut and styled, with sparkly hair spray and all! Where did my little baby go? And who is this fashionable young lady?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...