Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Slowing down for God...

Sometimes I get so impatient and keep running ahead (in my mind) of where I am at, longing for what's just on the horizon, in the future. I keep wanting to go do different, bigger things for God. I seemingly forget about the big things that God has for me to do right here, right now, right where I am already. I do believe God puts certain things on my heart because it's part of what He is calling me to. higher things. better things. things to bring Him more glory. But, I also believe that He is using what He has called me to already, in this time and place, to prepare me. to shape me. to refine me. to bring Him more glory, so that when I finally reach what's on the horizon He'll get even more glory. To Him be all the glory!

So I was cruising around the internet and came across a ministry. When I sat down and read what the ministry is all about, my soul just screamed, "THAT'S IT!" It was exactly what God had been placing on my heart for our upcoming move next year. He has been calling me to minister to kids in children's homes while in Korea. God brought a TEFL course onto my radar screen (figuratively speaking) a few months back. I thought about it and then blew it off because of the commitment (4 weeks in Chicago) and the cost. But as God usually does, He wouldn't let that light completely flicker and die out. God than put a strong desire to minister to kids by teaching English, hence the benefit of taking the TEFL course. I have had this desire to volunteer at a children's home and teach English, but I had no idea how to go about finding a place to teach at, and how to convince the people in charge that I'm legit. Then I came across Jerusalem Ministries. I love that they hold you accountable. They desire to reach the people of their local area, other parts of Asia and the world. 
So back to getting ahead of myself. God has already placed a group of kids in my life to minister to, right here in my local area. He has already given me a desire to minister to them. He has already given me an open door. He has already called me to love on these people. And then I find myself finding excuses as to why I can't make it out there this week: my kid has whooping cough (he did), my daughter has whooping cough (she was next and did), my other daughter has whooping cough (she was the 3rd in 3 months), the house should be cleaned, the kids need naps, dinner needs to be made, and on and on and on. I used to make it out there once a week, then sickness and fall came and I get out of the habit. I make it out there once a month, but that is pitiful. So by God's grace my kids and I are starting back up with going out to love on and minister to these kids once a week again. How will God bless something that is yet to come if I am not faithful with the ministries He has given to me right now? So I repent of my carelessness, my laziness, my heartlessness. I thank God for His forgiveness and mercies, and I place His yoke upon me, laboring beside Him to do His work for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...