Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Today

Today has been a day. This morning I pulled this thing out of Yahaira's ear:
 This chunk of wax, or a scab, or whatever other rock solid thing it may have been was in her left ear canal since the middle of January (at least that was when I noticed it).it was down in there where you couldn't get it with a Q-tip, and she would always flip-out if you tried to get it out by any other means. She said her ear was hurting last night, like to the point of crying, and so I took a look and Daniel tried to get it out with a bobby pin, but she wasn't having any of that! So we let it be and decided we would go to the doctor's office when they opened Sunday afternoon. Well, upon waking up this morning she said that she thought she could feel it with her finger in her ear. I looked in, but it was where it had been the day before. However, the lighting was perfect at that moment, so I asked her to let me try one more time to get it out. I told her that if I didn't get it out I would leave it alone. She agreed. I got that sucker out in one clean sweep. It was huge. I told her that I bet she could hear better.

Last night we sewed. I made her a new wallet and she made 2 little rugs for her doll house:


I got to go to the Hispanic service from our church family today. It was so wonderful to be immersed in that beautiful language once more. I was rather surprised that I understood the majority of what was said without having to think back on how to translate the word into English.

Daniel and the girls bummed around all day since he and Yahaira are sick. Fevers and headaches and pressure and earaches and bellyaches and just no fun.

I've got to throw in a picture of the other 2 kiddos. I don't know who's happier, the one pawning off her food,or the one receiving it. I guess it's a win-win for both.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...