Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Returning to simple food

So I am going to try something crazy in the next week or so. I'm going to try to not eat processed food...you know the one with all those weird words you can't pronounce. I'll still use flour and sugar, cheese and yogurt and organic oil, but if I can find a flour mill (that's got good reviews and doesn't cost an arm and a leg) then I might even move into milling grains to make my own flour.

I am sick and tired of having to read ingredient labels. I can probably make most of this stuff on my own, and BETTER for me. I think what pushed me over the edge was trying to fine some tortillas that didn't have methylparaben (yes that cancer causing thing found in most beauty products...in tortillas!) or a long list of things I can't pronounce. So I just made some of my own. Corn flour and water. Pretty easy. I don't have a tortilla press...that would make it much easier....

So I am going to eat up all these things I have in the house, like pasta and pasta sauce, and then I will just not buy more. I'll see if I can make this work...it just is going to require more advanced planning on my part, and a lot more time in the kitchen too. Maybe I'll get over my control-freak-tendencies and let the girls help with the cooking too.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...