Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

She's What?!

Yesterday Yahaira learned how to use the sewing machine. I mean really learned how to use it. I'm such a micro manager that I had to show her how to work the foot, select the stitches and the just leave the room. While I made dinner, she sewed. It was nice to hear the hum of the machine while I worked in the kitchen. and guess what? 
She made this all on her own!
 Today she turned 6! She wanted homemade mac and cheese for breakfast. I gladly obliged.
 Today she has been sewing and watching movies (sometimes at the same time, sometimes not). She came down and gave me this necklace she sewed me.
I must remind myself to just let her explore on her own. She is a lot like me: we learn as we figure things out on our own. She's very comfortable working the sewing machine all by herself now, and I'm comfortable letting her do it all on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...