Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My first dualthon

Last Saturday Daniel and I did a relay race.
He did the trail running and I did the mountain biking.

I have come to realize that hybrids aren't never good in any form. You definitely do not get the best of both worlds. In fact, you get mediocre of both. I rode Daniel's hybrid bike, but it felt like it was going to fall apart, thankfully it did not! I have ridden his road bike and that is way faster on the road than the hybrid. So I guess if you don't know the difference, no big deal. But I grew up riding mountain bikes and then I've taken the road bike for a spin, so I must say the hybrid doesn't compare to either.

The biking was two 5.8 mile laps on a single track trail. It was my first time ever biking the trail. I took a spill a little into the first lap. I didn't get hurt. And I'm thankful no one saw me, how embarrassing. I did see some other take spills at times...glad to know I wasn't the only one. I almost hit a few trees, but didn't, thank the Lord.
 I felt bad that it took me so long to do the bike portion, but at least I finished. My second lap was twice as fast as my first lap, partly because I knew what was ahead and partly because I wasn't pulling off to the side to let people pass me (I think there were only 4 people behind me on the second lap).

Daniel ran 3.4 miles, I biked 11.6 miles, then Daniel ran 1.7 miles again.
This was our finish time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...