Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Home-bound

This week we spent a lot of time at home. Yahaira ended up having strep throat. Starting on Sunday she said her throat hurt when she yawned. Then the next day it hurt to yawn and swallow her spit. She said it didn't hurt to talk or eat. On Wednesday she had a low grade fever so I took her to the doctor to make sure it wasn't strep. Well, turns out it was. So she got some amoxicillin and is doing much better. I don't think the rest of us got it, praise God, but the girls have both been rather irritable this week. So maybe next week will be much better.

Since we were confined to the house for most of the week I broke out the new sewing machine Daniel bought me. He's been wanting to buy me a new one for quite awhile, but I always said that I could make do with the old, beat up, falling apart, one I had. Well I was wrong. This thing sews so much better than the other one. The other one used to work great, but after being moved so much it was on it's last leg. Seriously. The front part broke off and all the inner workings of the machine have been exposed for some time. 

So, I attempted to sew on Thursday. It is very very hard to sew with a 2 year old who wants to get into the midst of your work area and apprehend the fabric you are trying to work with. That and the constant bickering from 2 girls who didn't feel like being around each other made for less than desirable working conditions.

I made this dress from a shirt that used to be a long sleeve one. I still need to finish it off since it's too big, but I'll just probably make a tie for the back to tighten it.
 Here is a dress a made last year for Yahaira and the one I just made for Israella
 She looks like she's being cute, but she was actually very tired and refusing to take a nap.
 I also managed to make this dress from scratch. I got the idea from a dress she has that is a little to small for her now. It's a little big, but bigger is better than smaller when it comes to fast growing kids:)
 Yesterday we made some braided bread:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...