Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Learning how to cut and stuff

I want my oldest daughter to learn how to cook, but then I find myself cringing when she has the knife in hand and begins to slice. She in turn senses my apprehension and then gets nervous and doesn't want to try to slice things. It's a vicious cycle. I know. So for my own therapy, I try to let her cut things more often. I know that she'll end up cutting herself one of these days. It's bound to happen. I know this because I still nick myself every now and then. I just don't want her to get hurt. However, I must override my own fear and emotions and allow her to learn (and get some boo boos) in order for her to become a self reliant young lady. So here was my therapy session last night:

 And speaking of growing up, her she is before she went for her 2 mile run with her Daddy this morning. She really is becoming an amazing young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...