Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good food, good fun and a good book

This is dinner from Tuesday. We ate asparagus with pot roast. Tender and juicy and falling apart good.
 I tried my hand at making cheesecake. It was my first ever attempt (at the ones you actually must bake) and I didn't have a recipe. I just winged it. It's, ok, much denser than I would like, but next time I'll add more milk.
 Yesterday the girls got to play in the water and have a picnic in the back yard.

 This week we read Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. We just finished the book this morning. The book brings out the kid in me and makes me reminisce about my childhood and how we would pretend to live in the "good ol' days". I still think it would be fun to build my own house (but I don't think Daniel's too down with that). I still hope to have a lot of land and live off the grid some day. I  love how Yahaira just soaks up the story and asks, "Can we read more?" Of course we can. I read until my throat is soar and my voice is fading. She will sit there for hours and just listen to me read; well she asks questions when she doesn't understand a word or situation, but isn't that what it's all about? Getting her to be interested in something and have her ask questions and learn stuff? Of course it is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...