Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Food for thought

Well, we ate steak and gratin dauphinoise for dinner on Sunday. The potatoes were so delicious! It's potatoes finely sliced with butter and garlic dotted between each layer and heavy cream poured in top. No cheese, but it was moist and tender and creamy still. Yum!
 Yesterday we went to the grocery store. I've been educating myself on what is in food the past year or so. I've learned so much. It's definitely been a gradual, eye opening experience. I didn't learn everything all at once, and I'm still learning yet. Well, needless to say, I find myself purchasing less and less prepackaged food, and more and more fresh organic fruits and veggies (You wouldn't think so by the picture below, but I do). I decided to document what we spend on food (in pictures) so I can see (for myself) what food really costs. This is my bulk food purchase for the next few weeks. I've noticed that I really need to buy the fresh produce biweekly, otherwise I tend to forget it's there and then it spoils (or begins to spoil) when I get around to using it. So I'll be making another produce run this Wednesday. This trip did include some splurges. Pasta was B1G1F, so I stocked up a bit since the girls and I still enjoy our pasta. I bought cookies to crush for a cheesecake crust. The cookies were over $4 a box! That's what you pay if you don't want high fructose corn syrup in your diet. I also bought some nitrite free beef dogs and turkey bacon. Both were at least double the price of standard dogs and bacon. But, I've finally realized that it's worth it to pay more for better quality and a healthier family. It's scary what is in your food and the damage that it is able to do to your body! I'll have to make an entire separate post on that...
$122.03 worth of food
Yesterday the girls got to enjoy the water again.
86*F and climbing. 
 For dinner last night we had roasted chicken and new potatoes with gravy and a tossed salad topped with home sprouted alfalfa sprouts. Mmm mmm good:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...