Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Friday, June 17, 2011

GO TO SLEEP!

What am I still doing up? It's nearly midnight and I am not asleep. No, I am enjoying the calm of a house with a sleeping child and listening to the thunder echo in the distance. The lightning is so beautiful. God really does know how to put on the best "laser" show ever. The rain has started up now, so I really hope that I put the windows up on my car!

Part of me doesn't want to go to bed because Big sister is not here for me to cuddle with:( She got to go spend the night at Aunt Bethy's house and I miss her. Baby girl is already asleep in the pack-n-play, and I'd hate to move her and risk waking her up. She hasn't gotten a good nap since last Friday (the day we left Watertown). I might risk it. I might not. I don't want to disturb her for my selfish reason of not wanting to sleep alone.

On to another subject.
We are back in MN for the summer. We took our time with the drive; not slow enough because I got irritated with the girls near the end of day 2. We took 5 days to get from NY to MN, stopping for 2 nights on the road and 2 nights at my brother's place. The girls got to play at 2 different water parks, and see 2 uncles along the way (we made a surprise detour to see my younger brother when we were almost to MN).

The girls have been soaking up the love and handing it out freely to my family. It's so nice to see my dad so happy. The joy that my girls bring him is such a blessing to me:) They have also been having fun hanging out with their cousin, though he may not be as thrilled to be with me (being the mean one who doesn't let him be rebellious and disobedient). That's ok. Even after 3 days he has shown a big change. He listens to what I say and doesn't fight as much. He knows if I say something I mean it. Just like in the Bible: "But let your yea be yea, and your nay, nay" James 5:12b

Today the girls and I went to the Mall of America to go on 2 rides...yes we went there to go on 2.TWO.rides. It's 2 miles (if that) from where we are staying, so we can make the trip to go on kiddie bumper cars and big trucks. They had lots of fun:)

Ok, well, I am really going to sign off for the night and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...