Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another week

Well, this week has flown by so quickly!

I celebrated my birthday on Monday by getting up at 4am, and heading out to climb close to 4,000 stairs. I climbed the Haiku Stairs (Stairway to Heaven) here on Oahu, Hawaii. It was still dark out when I made my ascent, but the climb down was breath taking! I took lots of pictures, but all I had was my cell phone, so to look at them you have to go onto Facebook and look on my Travels album, otherwise you must wait until I get back home and have my USB cord to upload them from my phone. When I got home, Yahaira gave me a beautiful card she had made, a Hawaii magnet and balloons. I love my girls! Afterwards the girls, Cheryl, Julian and I headed to Waikiki to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious, thanks Daniel! After eating the kids got to play around at the beach, but to be honest, it was stressing me out. Something about kids and waves and me just don't mix very well. So after I could only bear it so long we left to head back to Cheryl's house.
.
.
On Tuesday we went hiking at the Lyon Arboretum. We hiked back to a waterfall, but it was only a trickle at that time. It was in the beautiful Manoa Valley. Again, pictures are on Facebook.
.
.
Wednesday the girls and I went for a little drive up the Windward Coast to Kahana Valley State Park. We went on a nice little hike. Yahaira continues to impress me with her hiking ability. She has earned herself some real hiking boots (granted I am not going to buy them until this spring, but I will buy them!) We hiked a little ways, and then stopped at a lookout that had a wonderful view (pictures are on FB). When I put Israella down (she was in the hiking backpack) I saw that mosquitoes were ALL over her head! My poor baby! I had put bug lotion on everything EXCEPT her head! Now she looks like she has the chicken pox...I only wish that she would get them so mildly. After our hike I let them play at the beach because it was so wide and mellow.
.
.
Today all of us headed to the North Shore. Cheryl took us to some tide pools (pictures on FB), which was so nice and relaxing. The kids were able to play in calm, shallow water while the angry waves roared all around. It was truly amazing to hear the roaring of the waves as they made their way towards the shore, and then to see them crash so violently into the rocks that were sheltering us. After enjoying the water, we went and ate Mexican at Luibuenos. After our yummy meal we browsed some stores. I bought a cloth diaper for Israella because she has been so raw since we've been here, and I didn't bring any cloths with me for convenience's sake. Now I feel bad and wish that I had. I try to let her cruise around bottomless when I can, to try and relieve the pain (because it LOOKS painful!). I was talking with the lady that owned the cute boutique and Cheryl had made a comment that I make some of my own diapers. The lady gave me her card and told me to send her some samples with cute Hawaiian print. I just might do that, but the fear of not making them well enough lingers in the back of my mind. We'll see.
Now Cheryl is making Oatmeal Scotchy cookies, and I think that they are almost ready
...
YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...