Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's a blessing...and probably a message too

I will first start off with some pictures:
my birthday at the the Cheesecake Factory
Waikiki
Hiking at the Arboretum
At the Soap Cellar on the North Shore
So now to the point of the title. Last night we all walked down to the playground near Cheryl's house. The girls and I got there after Cheryl did because we were talking to Daniel on Skype. By the time we got there the sun was setting. We let the girls and Julian play. Yahaira climbed up a wall while holding onto a rope. It was a vertical wall with tiny ledges to put your feet to help you climb up. Yahaira naturally thought that she couldn't do it and therefore wanted help. She got all the way to the top and then fell down. I was there by her side, but let her fall (not hurting herself). It took all that was in me to let her fall and not help her. I know that some people may think that is mean, but really it's not. She was only 4 feet or so off the ground, and she needed to learn that she is capable of achieving things all on her own: WITHOUT MOMMY'S HELP! So after she fell, she whined and wanted kisses because she was "hurt." I told her that she was fine and to try it again. After a minute she decided to give it another try and this time she succeeded! It was so wonderful to see the look of accomplishment on her face, PRAISE GOD! After that she wanted to go scale the little rock climbing wall. What a difference it makes in a child's confidence when she actually accomplishes a feat all on her own, as opposed to being helped.
.
So back to the point of the title.
.
I took Israella over to the little kids' play area. As I was sitting there watching her, I noticed a water bottle that was sitting on the turtle. It was a water bottle that I have been meaning to buy: a Life Factory one. It's glass, not plastic. See, I have been wanting to get rid of all my plastic food/drink storage containers and move to glass only. Well, we waited until it was dark and everyone had left the playground. No one claimed the water bottle. Therefore I scooped it up. No sense in wasting it. It was a small blessing. It also seemed to be a clear answer from God that yes, I should break down and buy glass storage containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...