Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

VBS and other things

Here is a picture of Yahaira at Johnny Rockets in the Syracuse Mall. She and Christopher each got a cup of ice cream and I got a vanilla shake that I shared with Annika. We had gone down to Syracuse to pick up my sister, Bethany, from the airport. She was suppose to get in originally at 2pm, but ended up missing her first flight. She got another one, but then was delayed in Detroit...which we found out half way down to Syracuse. So rather than turn back around and head home, just to get back in the car and head back to Syracuse, we stopped for some Arby's in Pulaski, stopped at the rest station in Central Square (to let the kids run around) and then headed to the Syracuse mall. Remind me never to take 3 kids under the age of 4 to any mall by myself. Yahaira did very well. She's a rather mellow and obedient child for the most part. The other 2 were a handful. I really wish that I had brought my double stroller, that way I could have strapped them in and not had to worry about them running off and getting into things that they shouldn't. Live and learn I guess.
Here's a picture of Yahaira making her classic "Cheese!" face:) We went up to Alex Bay and met up with Cheryl and Julian. It was nice, and I was so thankful that I had my sister there to help with the kids. These past few weeks have been very busy! I didn't realize how active the 2 kids were when I agreed to a respite. The respite was suppose to be 1-2 weeks, which is now going on week 3. We are going to drive down to Alabama on the 30th of July, so I told DSS that the kids had to be gone by the 28th. I'm so glad that Bethany was here this past week to help me keep the kids in check this past week. If she hadn't been here I would have been on my last straw because we had VBS all last week, which was rather taxing. We had a good time with 26 kids averaging each night. I was glad that my neighbor, Mariah, got to come again this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...