Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Yahaira!


Today Yahaira turned 8 years old. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. Where did the time go? She is such a sweet, kind, lovable, thoughtful, tender-hearted young lady. She is always writing me notes, telling me she loves me. She writes plenty of notes to YHWH too asking for mommy to not have so much stress. Oh how I love her so, and oh how I see how I fail her so much each and every day. It breaks my heart to see her so frail and fearful when I get in those moods: ones where everything seems to need my attention and nothing seems to get done, or go right. Oh how I want her to not be afraid of me. I don't want her to be afraid to talk to me. I don't want her to be afraid to upset me, or burden me, or let me down. I've already lived that childhood once and I don't want that for my relationship with my kids. But oh how I'm so much like my father. (That's not necessarily a bad thing dad!) We give, give, give, until there's nothing left to give. Then we give, give, and give some more. and then we snap.

Wow, how did I get so sidetracked? Ok, back to the birthday girl!

Yahaira is 8. She wanted to go snowboarding for her birthday. After not seeming to get anything done, even with trying to get all that stuff done every day  this week, Daniel made the wise decision to keep the younger 2 at home and let Yahaira and me go snowboarding ourselves. We went to Jisan Forest Resort near Yangji/Yongin. It was a quick 50 minute drive (when you don't get lost via the lame GPS). Being the actual day of her birthday, Yahaira's ticket was 50% off (sweetness!) We rented the boards and boots from the resort, which didn't require obtaining a mortgage to afford. The lift tickets weren't cheap, but it was her birthday present.

Oh, the birthday fairy showed up last night to decorate the room...(made it just in time too).

We started out on the bunny hill, since this was her first time on a snowboard (other than at Grandpa's back yard). After becoming comfortable, we went on the beginner hill ski lift. She started out carrying her snowboard, then progressed to wearing it on 1 foot while on the lift. She still hasn't quite learned how to exit gracefully with the board attached, but I didn't mind helping her along.











It was so amazing to see her confidence grow during the course of the 4 hrs we were on the slopes. We stuck to the same beginner hill the entire time, but she was starting to fly down that hill by the time our time was up.




After snowboarding, it was home for cake, ice cream and presents. She is so loved by us all. I am truly blessed to be called her mommy. I love her more than my word (speaky things...Daniel) could ever explain! I hope and beg YHWH that I will be privileged to spend many more years with her, sharing these kind of experiences, watching her grow into who she is as a person in Christ.


 












Oh YHWH, may my words always convey love, not hate. May they affirm, not degrade. May they build her up, not cut her down. May they speak Truth. May they sow peace, not discord. You, YHWH, are LOVE. You, YHWH, are PEACE. May I be made more and more like You each day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Yahaira!! Looks like you had an awesome birthday. Maybe we can do some more snowboarding when I come to visit. ;-)
    Love,
    Aunt Bethy

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...