Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thankful it wasn't me

Today the kids and I had the car while Daniel was working. We drove into Pyeongtaek and found Lotte Mart (another super-sells-everything-store). After checking the place out, we drove around trying to find a specific indoor bouldering gym. We did find it, but no one was there when we showed up, and I don't read enough Korean to understand the hours...I guess maybe 10-11am and then again 4-9pm? It was 11:30 or so when we stopped by..so it could be. Upon leaving the bouldering gym, I made a right turn too early and ended up down town near AK Plaza (the big metro/train station/mall). I was trying to figure out how to get to where I needed to go with 3 kids bickering in the back, trying to read the road signs, trying to read the map on my phone and drive all at the same time. Finally I gave up. I did not want to hit someone or something. I mad a left turn down a side road, in hopes of being able to turn around, (since all the right hand roads were no right turn). Well, we ended up in a red light area. No one was on the street corner though. Nope, they had their own little store front. Well, I can not say that I know for 100% sure that these women were prostitutes, but by the way the were dressed and presenting themselves, I would only assume so.  It made me very sad for them. I just wanted to stop and ask them why they were in this "profession". But, again, I don't speak Korean. And even if I did, how would I ask such things without sounding judgmental and condescending? I truly do wonder about their stories and how they got to this "place". I want to tell them there is a better way to make money, even if it means having less. I want to tell them about the only One who can truly redeem them and give them a hope and life and joy and a new beginning, Jesus Christ!

As I found a place to turn around and head back in the right direction home, I thought about how Yahweh has protected and sheltered me. I thank Him for keeping me from that path. Now, I know most people would never think of being a prostitute. But I remember being a very young teenager, wandering the streets of downtown Minneapolis (and downtown St. Paul), late at night (like past midnight late), mad and hurt and angry with my dad and life, resolving to myself to not go back home this time (after one of the many fights and either leaving of my own accord, or being told to leave) and I remember thinking to myself, "well, * that. I ain't never going back. I don't care what happens!" but as I would continue to walk and fume I'd think, "you don't have a job & aren't old enough to have one. so what are you going to do? you don't have any money, or a place to stay. well, if you need money bad enough, you can always..." I am so thankful that I never resorted to that. I am so thankful that Yahweh would bring me to my senses and send me back home.

Seeing these girls made my heart sink. It made me want to find those trouble teens, the ones that are like I used to be, and give them hope and a reason to "come back home". Maybe this is why Yahweh has been tugging at my heart to adopt teenagers when His perfect timing is come. So praises for sheltering me and prayers on how to be the hands, feet and love of Christ to the least of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...