Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday Yahaira!

Today (well I guess yesterday since it's past midnight) Yahaira turned 7 years old. Time is sprinting away from me so fast, it's kind of sad.

Well, I've wanted to make the girls' birthdays special for awhile now, but being my lazy already-have-bitten-off-more-than-I-should-chew little self, I never have gotten around to it. This year I spent the time and money to make birthday announcements for Yahaira. Most of you people who read this should be getting them soon (if not already). I also decorated her room while she slept, so she woke up to a birthday surprise on her special day. Another thing I did this year was make the celebration start a week before her birthday. She received 7 presents: 1 on each day of the week. Her big present was saved for her actual birthday.

Since we don't really celebrate any holidays, I want birthdays to be something super special in our family...and I don't mean like a birthday party with as many friends as possible. I want it to be something memorable. I wish I had decorated her room even more Tuesday night, but I was running on way past empty in both the physical and emotional sense (it had been a long week already...and it was only 3 days in to it). Praise God today was so much better! He does answer prayers when they aren't selfish.

So here are the huge poms (puffs, poofs, whatever you call them) that I made. They are uber easy to make...I'll throw a tutorial up soon.
The decorated room.
The pictures make it look kind of lame, and well, my crepe paper is rather lame, but the poms are adorable!


I had asked Yahaira for her meal requests and she said, "Pancakes for breakfast, Top Thai for lunch and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner."
Number 7 Pancakes
The Sushi chef at Top Thai made this super special dessert and sang, "Happy Birthday" to her .
We love going to Top Thai, they are so wonderful. Every time we go there we love to talk with the workers there. Too bad Mei wasn't there during lunch today. 
This is the Captain America Cupcakes I made. Yahaira wanted chocolate cake, and does not like frosting:
so...I made chocolate cupcakes with a thin layer of marshmallow cream, then strawberries, mini marshmallows, strawberries again, blueberries and a star cut out of a mini marshmallow. Yum!
 Here is my beautiful, wonderful, amazing, loving, smart, compassionate, joyful 7 year old daughter:
I love you so much Yahaira!
May your love for God and others grow even more this next year.
No matter how grumpy I may get, know that I have always AND will always love you!

Hugs and many many kisses my princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...