Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It turns out ok in the end

Yesterday the kids and I went down to Panama City Beach for the day. The kids kind of rushed me out the door in the morning, they jumped into the car way before I was ready. I was still trying to finish getting laundry done, dishes washed and floors swept, not to mention nursing little Daniel before making the 2 hour drive. Well, I got the clothes into the dryer, the kitchen floor swept and dished washed (and air drying). I didn't nurse big man, which turned out ok since he fell asleep within an half hour (that was a big ify risk because he could have just cried the whole time).

Israella ended up getting car sick near the Florida line; she threw up all over herself. This was the one time I didn't bring a change of clothes for her (or Yahaira). I stripped her down to her panties and wrapped her in a blanket for the rest of the drive. Once in PCB she got a new outfit at Target and a bath in the bathroom sink. We headed to the rides since that was why we went to PCB, but we were an hour and an half early. No big deal. The kids played in the sand, at some lunch we had brought along and looked at the fountains while we waited.
 When the amusement park did open we mosied on over there, just to find out
...
that
...
only the carousel and cars were open.

The other rides were only open on Saturday and Sunday in the off season.
Needless to say, the girls were disappointed. Israella was so upset that she refused to go on any ride. Yahaira, Daniel and I went on the carousel a few times, and they went on the cars a few times as well.
 Afterwards, they played in the sandbox for a bit while I briefly chatted with a lady who had just moved to the area.
After the rides, we made our way to the beach to take a quick* look at the water.
 *If you ever intend on doing something quick, that's about the same thing as setting in stone that you will be gone awhile!

Yahaira talked me into paying to go on the pier (it was only $3, and all 3 kids got in for free since no one is 7 yet).




 We then went down to the beach to play in the sand. I did not intend for anyone to go swimming, but what I intend and what actually happens are usually 2 very different things!

Before I knew what was happening (I literally turned around to see) Israella was diving headlong into the beautiful, calm ocean. Soon after Big Man kept insisting on entering the water as well. At least I was able to take his pants off of him first.

I didn't have anything for Israella to wear home, so she wore my jacket all the way home. At least she and Daniel slept on the way home. Yahaira was awake most of the way, but did fall asleep after entering back into AL. We were able to have a wonderful conversation. She asked me about how I was saved (utterly and completely forgiven of my wicked sins by Jesus Christ for those who don't speak Christianese). I am so thankful for the opportunity to talk with her about such things without forcing it upon her.

THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT!

Big Man woke up fussing about an half an hour from home. I kept telling him, "30 more minutes buddy and then I can feed you." Well, he was not fussing from being hungry. I found that out the hard way. He threw up all over himself, and his carseat, and then he felt much better. Poor kids get it from me, I am notorious for getting car sick if I'm not driving. Well, I exceeded the speed limit in my earnest desire to get home and get that nastiness off of him. I didn't get pulled over or anything, but I kept trying to justified to myself why it was OK for me to speed. In the end God's Spirit won, and I retuned to obeying the traffic laws.

So once at home the carseat was removed, all the kids were thrown into the jacuzzi tub with some nice hot water and everyone was cleansed.

We all slept soundly afterwards:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...