Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Friday, May 10, 2013

Beach Day

First off, this guy is cruising now (and loves to make this face). I don't have a lot of furniture that is kid height to pull up on, but he loves what little stuff we do have.
 Yesterday the kids and I went to Panama City Beach for the day. I know, I know! Amanda take all 3 kids to the ocean, by herself?! Yes. I. did. And do you know what? It wasn't bad. I am usually the biggest freak-out person about little ones and water and not enough capable potential rescue people around. I strongly prefer a 1 to 1 ratio. I squirm at a 2 kids to 1 adult ratio, and I wouldn't fathom a 3 to 1 ratio. And yet, on a whim, I took my 3 children (6 years old and younger) to the Gulf of Mexico by my lonesome. I must confess. I did do it without thinking that matter through. I looked at the weather for the week on Tuesday. I was hoping to go on Saturday, but it was calling for rain then. Wednesday and Friday we have prior commitments, so Thursday was the only open day with nice weather. I honestly gave no thought to the water, or swimming, or anything other than: "was it nice weather out?"

The fact that only Yahaira really ventured into the water was a blessing. She stayed in the shallow water with her new boogie board. Israella collected sea shells and rolled in the sand, and baby Daniel ate sand by the handful. He did notice the water a few minutes before we left, which I was more than willing to allow him to frolic in for that brief time.

After the water we de-sanded, changed clothes, purchased some half-priced frappucinos and went on the rides at Pier Park. Then we grabbed some burgers before driving back home. All in all it was a wonderful day.

~PS~ You were missed at the beach Grandpa!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...