Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Counting my blessings

When the days get rough and a little overwhelming, when they become chaotic and loud, when they go in the very complete opposite direction I had planned I am still blessed.

Thursday and Friday were days just like that. Days that I had big hopes for (and a list of things to get accomplished) which turned into aggravating, annoying mishaps seemingly one after another. Yet I was showered with a number of blessings...I just had to focus my heart upon the LORD and He was able to open my eyes to His blessings.

Thursday we went to the grocery store to do a major shopping trip. Like usual, baby Daniel woke up half way through the shopping and wanted to be fed, or held at least. The girls just wanted to run. Israella had a melt down because I refused to buy her baby yogurt (because the coupon was at home on the computer...and a savings of 22% on a single item is not something to throw away). We bought basically the same yogurt, just not the baby specific one, with a coupon I happened to have with me. Not good enough for her. I forgot to bring the water jugs to refill them while at the store. Once loaded up and buckled in the car I looked over the receipt and saw that we were not charged the sale price for the almond milk (nearly $2 savings). I wrestled with myself, "Do I drag all the kids back into the store to get the $2? Do I just suck it up (which I typically do) and drive on?" I decided to lock the kids in the car with Yahaira being in charge (since I was parked close to the front). I ran in. God blessed me by not only refunding us the $2, we ended up only being charged for 1 milk, not the 2 for $5. I pointed out that she only charged us for 1 milk and she told me that if an item rings up wrong you get 1 for free. That was a blessing!

By the time we got home I realized it was almost lunch time and the girls really hadn't eaten much. Drive through for the girls pursued since I had told them we'd go to the library that morning. We found the sequel to Our Only May Amelia on audio. It was a huge letdown since the reader for this one doesn't seem to have read the book before the recording. Tiredness followed, along with attitudes. Baby Daniel started to show the signs of becoming sick. Fussy, runny nose and hoarse voice. I realized I really hadn't eaten that day. I was blessed with a nap. We all took naps. Every single one of us. We were blessed when our neighbor brought us a pot of delicious homemade vegetable soup. I was blessed by not having to figure what to make for dinner.

Friday we had plans for meeting Daddy at work for lunch. That didn't happen. The morning was crazy. Whining and just an overall loudness filled the house. I was blessed by actually being able to clean the girls' room, like vacuum and all with very little distraction amid the chaos. I had to call about the property tax bill we got, which I had been putting off since it just annoyed me the one time I did call and wasn't really given an answer that made much sense to me. I called our closing attorney for when we bought the house this year. I got a little bit more of an answer, but it still didn't make total sense to me. I was blessed that when I called our mortgage company to make sure the correct amount was going to be paid, since what was collected into escrow at our closing was much less than the bill. I was blessed to find out that the tax bill was paid in full November 1st. I was blessed because baby Daniel seemed to be doing MUCH better. I was blessed by having the energy to get the random things done and still make it to Yahaira's piano lessons on time (we were even a little early).

Blessings are all around us. Focus your gaze upon your Redeemer and He'll open your eyes to how He has blessed you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...