Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Yahaira the running machine

Look at this petite adorable girl.

There's no way she could run over a 5k nonstop!
(the picture is a few months old, but it's the only one of her in her running stuff with Daddy)

On Tuesday evening Yahaira and her Daddy went for a run at Westgate park.
They ran the entire trail, which is 3.3 miles.
She ran the entire trail.
She did not stop once.

And the most awesomest (making up my own words) thing is that she ran the entire 3.3 miles in 48 minutes and 39 seconds! That's a 14:45 minute mile. That's awesome for a girl who is 5 (and a half) years old, in mid-July when it's 80+ degrees F and humid beyond belief. She was so flushed when she got home, pink all over. She looked exhausted, but she got a cool bath, Mommy massaged her legs, and then she got the cuddle up in Mommy and Daddy's bed.

I think she gave me the muscle cramps because the next morning I was awoken with a knot in my calf that had me crying and paralysed. I woke everyone else up from my cries of pain. And to think that my exercise consists of walking from the couch to the bathroom, yet I get the charlie-horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...