Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blessings in odd places

I've been in a rut this past week or so. I've been physically, mentally and emotionally worn out. Most days I just want to curl up on the couch and sleep, but am unable to do so because a.) the girls are fighting with each other b.) the girls want my undivided attention c.) baby Daniel just wants to kick and poke and prod to keep me uncomfortable and/or d.) my mind is going a million miles a minute and it can't focus on anything. It makes for very. long. days. Falling asleep at night is a chore. Staying asleep is even harder. So it is with motherhood. Even though I've been a bummer lately God has been blessing me nonetheless. He blessed me when Yahaira was sick with a 102F fever last Friday night. He blessed me with Israella not being able to sleep because of her last 2 year old molar cutting through.
The blessing of rotating between sleeping on the bottom bunk and the floor
because you are too big to sleep on the top bunk with the sick girl.
I know what you're all thinking....how are those blessings? Don't they make you loose even more sleep?! Yes, I did loose more sleep, but I also got to comfort and serve my children. I was reminded of how much my heavenly Father loves and cares for me, WAY MORE than I am able to care for my own kids! It was when I was serving them in the most inconvenient times that I was able to take the focus off of myself and focus on showing Christ's love to them. How many more times over does God want to bless me, but I refuse to die to myself? How many of His truths have I blindly passed by because I was so focused on myself? I know that if I deny myself and take up my cross (whatever it may be that day) the Holy Spirit does speak to me. He does teach me hidden truths. He does grow me. He does conform me more into the image of Christ. And that is what living here is all about, exalting Christ. Making Him known through how I live.

So when I start to focus on myself, would someone please be kind enough to tell me to get over myself and live for Christ! Sooner is always better than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...