Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Some life learning going on

(This is the second post for today)

What do you all do with your pulp from juicing?
I've been trying to figure out ways to use the stuff without just chucking it into the compose pile. I have made some chips out of it, but no one really ate them other than me.
So...
I got the bright idea today to mix them into muffins (as you would carrot cake and the like). I forgot to de-stem and de-seed the apples before juicing them, so I did have to take some time and pick them out of the pulp, but other than that it was really simple to make: just add the pulp to a recipe you like after you made the batter.
Apple and sweet potato muffins.
So good everyone in the house is devouring them!
Dinner was a chicken casserole:
Chicken, leeks, olives, mushrooms, celery seeds, garlic, thyme and some milk
Our grocery shopping today:
$153 worth of food 
Yahaira took this picture:)
 The girls happily doing some self directed learning:

The joys of reading and looking at magazines when you want to and not being told that you have to do something else. Unschooling is so wonderful, especially for little ones, though I don't really like that particular term because it's more about living life than not doing formal school.

Another big learning experience occurred this evening....
Yahaira has "mastered" cutting with our very sharp serrated knife! She is much more comfortable using it, and more confident. I let her take charge of peeling and cutting the cucumber for Daniel's lunch tomorrow. I took out the scraps to the compost pile, came back and she was chopping away, and making small pieces at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...