Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is your faith strong?

So last night the girls and I walked down to the store in the cold rain (to get sun screen for our warm vacation this next week). I was talking with Yahaira about the book Freedom Crossing that we had read a few weeks ago. We talked about what it would be like to be out in the cold rain without warm clothes or shoes. We talked about how people treated others and how it makes Jesus feel. After our conversation I began to think about how easy I have it, and how that makes me a lazy Christian. I don't know what it's like to be persecuted, and because of that, I truly feel that my faith is weak. I don't doubt my faith in Jesus Christ. I don't doubt my assurance that my home is in heaven because Jesus Christ willing died on the cross to pardon my sins. I don't doubt those things at all. I just know that I should have a greater zeal for the LORD than I do. I know that persecution is coming...Christ said that it will come. My prayer last night, and even now is,  "LORD make me bold through You. Increase my faith. Don't let me waver like the waves. Let me stand for You even in the face of death." I'm not facing death. I'm not facing persecution. But if I was, would I have the faith to stand? I know we are not to plan what we would say at that time, the Holy Spirit would give us utterance, but I can't help but examine the strength of my faith at this moment. I don't want to be an unprofitable servant of Christ. I don't think I'm completely useless. I know that God is working in my life and the lives of my kids and husband. I just want to hear, "Well done thou good and faithful servant," when I see Christ face to face.

How about you? How strong is your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...