Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Royal Princess' Bed

 I think this bed isn't big enough for her!
We finally got a king sized bed (last month) after spending the last 5 years in a queen size with an extra pair of arms and legs always making their way into the bed too. Since we've now got 4 in the bed, daddy said, "Don't roll over. Don't roll over. Or I'll fall out!" Of which he has done a lot of. Enough was enough. If we are going to all sleep comfortably in the same bed we needed to move up in size. There is definitely lots of room in a king size bed...though the little ones use that space to now turn sideways and take up most of the room.

I know a lot of people think that you shouldn't sleep with your kids. Daniel used to be one of those people (for fear of squishing them), but it has always been what felt natural and best for me. I always hated getting up in the middle of the night to nurse the girls when they were babies (it's cold when you get out from under the covers in the winter). I always liked being able know that the girls were right there next to me and doing well. I tried to have them sleep in a crib when they were itty bitty. I was up all night worrying if they were still breathing and alive. (Don't laugh). I just sleep better knowing that they are close by. Now that they are much bigger, they sometimes sleep in their own queen size bed together. I still usually lie down with them until they sleep (and most often fall asleep myself). I then wake up and move to the king size bed in the middle of the night. More often than not we all just climb into the king size bed and go to sleep as one big happy family:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...