Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Good Bye Chaos

So I was going to write about how I have felt so overwhelmed chaotic lately, and then I read this post at Get Along Home, and it screamed my name! How funny. God does open our eyes to things we need to see right when we are ready to see it:) So here's what's on my mind:

Sorry that there are no pictures, but they are on FB. Oh by the way, when I get back to NY I am going to boycott FB. I never really liked that thing, and I think it just takes up TOO. MUCH. TIME. Not really my time since I just upload pictures usually, but rather everyone else's time. I'm going to focus on the blog instead (which has been neglected due to lack of internet access this past summer).

I have realized that I am worn out. I'm worn out physically (maybe that's due to lack of physical exercise). I'm worn out mentally. I'm worn out emotionally. Chaos wears your down, and fast. I'm not going to snap or anything like that. I just am realizing that the lack of structure and predictability has made me lax in everything, and lax is not always good! I find that making meals is a chore because I don't want to spend the energy to figure out what to make, so we eat out or snack a lot. there have been several times this past summer I realized at 8pm the kids hadn't eaten dinner yet. Ooops! Cleaning up is a bi-monthly occurrence; this coming from the girl who is a neat freak and would line up picture frames on the wood grain of her dresser (and could tell if someone had moved them). Discipline is reactive, not proactive. I find that I let things go until they REALLY get on my nerves, then I get upset and deal with the offense. this is such bad parenting. I know better than that. I know because if I stay on top of things and nip the issue in the butt when it tries to rear it's ugly head then we all have a better, more harmonious relationship. I am dreading the 21 hour drive back to NY. I am not excited about trying to find a place to rent. I am not looking forward to hauling everything out of storage, unpacking and trying to get settled into our new place. I am not looking forward to packing everything BACK UP and doing this all over again in 5 months. That is the price we pay for the job we chose. I'm not complaining. I am just voicing what is weighing me down. I wouldn't trade that for anything because it is what Daniel has wanted to do for some time now!

On the bright side, I will finally be able to FORCE MYSELF to slim down on our overabundance of UNNECESSARY THINGS! When we sold the house in June, and I put everything into storage, I got rid of 4 car loads of STUFF to the local thrift store. Now that I know we are moving overseas, I will get rid of even MORE STUFF. That's what it is. STUFF. Stuff weighs you down in more ways than one.

I find it much harder to maintain the house when my husband isn't here. I don't know why. Anyone else have that problem? So I am going to try to be proactive in the life of my family. I guess I should manage the house always, that is PART of the reason I don't work out in the "corprate" world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...