Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Friday, April 8, 2011

Staying Busy

Well, I must first start off with a farewell to our Suzuki. I must say that I will not miss that car at all. See, it was a nice car...if you DON'T HAVE lots of kids that are required to be in CAR SEATS. Okay, maybe I do miss it just a teeny weeny bit, but not very much! I did not crash the car, no no. I sold the thing, and rather quickly too. Now time for a minivan...wait, nope. Holding off on that too until we have saved enough to buy the specific one we want. I'm learning to be a better consumer, but boy is it difficult to not just go with what is most convenient!


Here are some pictures from the past few days. Israella has 2 top molars and is cutting 2 bottom ones at the present moment. I have also begun to introduce her to potty training. I don't expect her to be diaper free any time soon, but she is definitely showing signs that she is ready to begin the transition. Whenever she poops she pulls at her diaper and wants it off. I think she'll be like Yahaira (pooping in the potty before peeing in it). Yahaira stopped pooping in her diaper/panties at 17 months! It was such a blessing! Israella loves to cruise around bottomless, push her potty around the room, and then periodically sit on it. She sits there, puts her hands on her knees, smiles and kicks her feet. If only you all could see how adorable she is!


Yahaira and I bought hiking shoes (pictures in the previous post). We are ready to hit the trails...and we might just do that next week if the weather cooperates. I am looking forward to getting out of the house and exploring the woods...albeit, I don't dare try that undertaking with big man still here...there's no way I could take a 4 year old, a 16 month old AND a 14 month old out to explore the woods on my own; especially since big man is VERY graceful when he walks (can you sense the sarcasm in that last statement?). Oh well, he's only here for a few more weeks, then it is FREEDOM.


Yesterday God showed Himself mighty again! I am so glad I serve a God who CAN and does answer prayers. My neighbor had a heart attack Wednesday and was basically on his death bed. When I saw the ambulance outside his house Yahaira and I began to pray for him, that he would not die that day and that he would be able to hear the gospel plainly explained. Well, he is alive. I was able to visit him yesterday, but before I went his son-in-law told me that he was unresponsive. I began to pray specifically that he would be coherent and responsive. During my 45 minute visit he did wake up and look at me and then he did respond to some questions. PRAISE GOD! I guess after I left he even became more responsive when he was being moved to ICU. Praise God and may HE GET ALL THE GLORY! I didn't get to plainly share the gospel with him, but I was allowed to read him John chapter 3...though the Lord only knows if he was sleep or not while I was reading. However, God said that His Word would NOT return unto Himself void (emphasis mine). I was also able to share with his son-in-law the latter part of Jame 5:16 "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" in response to the praise that God did answer my SPECIFIC prayer.


Claim the promises of the Saviour Himself!


"If ye shall ask anything in [Jesus Christ's name], [He] will do it." John 14:14


"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed [tiny tiny tiny], ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...