Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Friday, February 4, 2011

Kaneana Cave and Ko'olina

Today we loaded into the minivan (oh how I wish I owned a minivan...Cheryl too) and headed to the leeward side of the island (that's west for all you mainlanders). We drove across the entire island and then up the coast to Kaneana Cave. We passed by a rather elaborate tent city. It was sad to see the way people live, and a little creepy too, since it was close to the cave. We didn't explore much of the cave for a few reasons:
1.) I couldn't find my flash light. (Oh, I found it in my HIKING backpack bag AFTER we were loading the kids into the car, after taking a quick look at the cave.)
.
2.) We were out in the country, with a tent city right down the road, with no one knowing where we were (God forbid should something happen to us).
.
3.) We weren't sure if homeless people would be lurking around in the back of the cave.
.
After the cave we headed for the man made lagoons of Ko'olina. There are 4 of them stretching over a mile. The water was so calm, I was able to relax and not worry about my kids drowning in the waves. I even went out into the COLD water and swam with the girls. It helped that it was super sunny and in the mid 80's today. After enjoying the beach, we rinsed off and got changed. While were were changing, J decided to be a train (with a pencil) on the ceiling of the backseat of the car rental. I was not there to witness the event, but I can picture him making the train sounds and everything. Oddly enough, it didn't upset or worry me one bit. I actually found some humor in it. (I don't condone it; it's bad behavior! However, God's given me grace to not let my attitude be affected by it.) After all that we walked up to the the J.W. Marriott hotel and looked at the hammerhead sharks they have. We at some lunch at the poolside grill and walked back to the car. I took some cute pictures, but they are on Facebook (in the Travels album) until we get home. Maybe I will upload some from my friend's camera tomorrow.
.
Hawaii has been a lot of fun, and it's a shame that we have to leave next week, but we'll just have to come back and visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...