Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pictures are on Facebook

So, the girls and I were down at Waikiki, sitting and waiting for the Hilton Hawaiian Village fireworks to start, when my friend made a comment to me. It was a comment that I have thought to myself several times, one that I have thought in regards to other people's blogs, and a comment that I know is rightfully made. She told me that I really need to update my blog more often. I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW! With all this traveling (or at least that is my excuse for now) I don't have much time to blog, AND I don't have my computer. I know that those are only excuses, because I have always found time when I felt like blogging. I don't have MY computer, but my friend's computer is in her guest room...the room the girls and I are sleeping in AND she has made it very clear that we can use it WHENEVER.
My excuses are just that: EXCUSES!

So about our travels. We have been in lovely Hawaii for 5 days. It is so nice here. It's just like old times, except we are in a tropical paradise with such nice weather.

* On Monday we went to breakfast at Cinnamon's and then to the beach. Cheryl got sun burnt on her face, I got sun burnt on my legs (at least I remembered to put sun screen on my face and arms), neither of the girls got sun burnt praise God!

* On Tuesday we went to lunch at Gordon Beirsch (not sure if I spelt that correctly) then to the huge Naval Exchange in Pearl City and to the commissary on the Marine base near by.

* Wednesday Julian's friends came over in the morning. The kids had fun playing outside in the kiddie sprinkler. That evening we went to church, and Yahaira seemed to have fun with Julian and his class.

* Thursday we went to the Pali lookout, Wahoo's for lunch, See's Candies for dessert, Longs Drugstore for Daniel's water boiler, Whole Foods for a snack (and some stuff for Daniel), the post office, then the backside of Waikiki, picked up Ian's car and brought it back to Cheryl's, then off to the farmers' market, browsing Macy's clearance racks, off to Down to Earth (natural food store) for bug spray and FINALLY back home to get some sleep.

* Today Yahaira and I went to the commissary to get some stuff, then we made trail mix, lounged around for awhile and headed to Waikiki when the kids should have been off to take naps. We strolled through some of the hotel lobbies, went to P.F. Chang's, then looked at the Hilton Hawaiian Village animals and then let the kids play on a playground at the Hale Koa (spelling?) while we waited for the time to pass until it was fireworks time. Now all the kids are sound asleep, thank God because some of them really needed the rest...2 out of the 3 DID NOT get naps today.

We were suppose to go on a hike tomorrow morning (meeting at 8am), but I don't think that's going to happen, seeing how tired we all are. That's ok though. I have other hikes that we can go on, we just won't have a group of other people there to help show us the way, but who needs that anyways? We're adventurous, we can handle 3 kids 4 and under on a hike that is mountainous that we've never been on. NO PROBLEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...