Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WE ARE GOING TO OWN OUR HOME...NO MORTGAGE!

I thought that I would start this off with a cute picture of the girls.
This is an "older" one, but it's still adorable. Yahaira was sound asleep.
So I read Dave Ramsey's book, "The Total Money Makeover," and I'm pretty excited to start building our wealth. We are, and have been since the beginning of the year, completely debt free minus our house. Our goal is to have the house entirely paid off by December 2016...that is 7 years from now....9 years from when we bought it! I'm super excited about being:
ABSOLUTELY 100% DEBT FREE!!!
One thing I really learned from the book was that the budget should "spend" every single dollar. Now that doesn't mean so blow it, but that every dollar is specified for a specific function. When I would do the budget before, I would just make sure everything was paid, $1,000 went to savings and then the rest just "sat" in the checking account. However, I have since realized (looking back) that when it just "sat" in the checking account, it would mysteriously disappear...i.e. I would spend it without realizing that it was being spent so fast. I guess I always knew what was being spent...I mean, I keep a running balance and write down every purchase...
I guess that I didn't realize the potential our money had.
So this coming month (July) I have already written the budget and "spent" every dollar. We have some big aspirations. We are starting Yahaira and munchkin's college funds, our Roth IRAs, $800 extra (instead of the usually $400) is going toward the house, $500 is going to vacation, and $200 is going towards our other big ambition....a plane! Yep, Daniel wants to buy a plane. So if we keep to the budget we can buy a decent one in 5 years, maybe a little sooner. Well, I'm going to get going, but hopefully you might get inspired to get out of debt and build wealth too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...