Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Last Minute




Well, this past week went rather smoothly. On a spur of the moment Yahaira, baby John and I drove down to New York City with our friend Brianna and her 2 boys (3 and 2 years old). The 5 and 1/2 hour drive wasn't that bad considering that toddlers out numbered adults 2 to 1! We arrived in the Bronx Monday afternoon and we headed home Wednesday morning. The whole point of our trip was to visit Brianna's family down there. Her family is Asian and they kind of scared Yahaira. Any time someone would try to pick her up, or even help her, she would get scared and run away. I guess it might scare me to be 2 years old and have some strange old lady who doesn't look like mommy and doesn't speak my language try to hold me. Oh well. We arrived home Wednesday afternoon to people installing our new floor. It was a surprise because they were suppose to install the floor on Thursday. I didn't mind though...they ended up moving the big bookshelf with all our books on it and the desk, as well as the baseboard. I had left them in the room and was going to move them Wednesday night. Less work for me, right? Thursday went smooth, the floor was finished being installed (minus the tile in the front entry way since it was -19F...too cold to have the mortar set without freezing first), John got to have his visit with his dad (I still haven't met the guy) and we just hung out at home. Friday we ran around town not really getting anything done. We did get a Valentine's Day package off to the Mister, but both kids puked before that was accomplished. Then we went to Heather's http://thebernardings.blogspot.com/ house for dinner. Yahaira decided to puke there twice too. I felt really bad. We headed home, got in bed and went to sleep. Then Yahaira puked again at 4 in the morning. So she got to get a bath, which she seemed to enjoy, and then she crawled in bed with me. Since then she hasn't had any more regurgitation, but the day is still young, right? I hope she's done! Well, here are some pictures, the snow is so high on our deck that we can't even open the back door. Oh well, I haven't used it since winter came anyways.
Here's a picture I just took of Yahaira and her style. She's got great make up skills, must learn from her mom, and she had a ring on each finger. Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...