Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Ready for a new year

This year has been one that could be described by the MercyMe song: You Know Better.

I love that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. As 2016 comes to a close, I am grateful that I have been given so many second chances at the cross of Christ. The Rend Collective song: Second Chances shouts exactly how my soul cries.

I look back over the last year and see how I've spent a lot of my time doing what I want to do- seeking my own way- and not bothering to even ask where the Spirit was trying to lead me. It has been a year of discontentment, and no wonder! If I'm not aligned to what the Father has called me to do, I surely ought not to expect His blessing and peace. I did not spend this past year in out right rebellion to His Word. No. I just didn't bother or care to ask Him what He wanted me to do. You know, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. If I don't ask whether I ought to do something, or not, then I am free from the wrestling of not doing something that I really wanted to do in the first place. But just because I don't have the struggle with sin and obedience, does not mean that I have peace. Not walking the path God has ordained for me is the same as not being in the Father's will. If I'm are not doing the will of the Father, the Spirit knows that and it will move me (read no peace) until I get in step with the direction, speed and place that I ought to be.

I am grateful for forgiveness. I am grateful for mercy. I am grateful for the opportunity for repentance. I am grateful for new beginnings. I am grateful for the Spirit who molds me more and more into the image of Christ. I am grateful for second chances to get in-step with the Spirit; to work with Him and not against Him. I am grateful for blessings, even when I sought my own way- my own desires. I am thankful that YHWH is a loving Father, who teaches me over and over until "the light clicks on" and I get what He is after- what He is calling me to, or asking me to let go, for this season of life.

As 2016 ends and 2017 begins, I am joyfully looking for where the Father leads me, what He will call me to do, and who He will call me to be. May this coming year be one with reliance upon The One who created all things. May it be filled with waiting upon His leading. May it be overflowing with love; love for the Savior, love for the body of Christ, love for the unbelievers, love for the Word, love for my husband, love for my kids, love for my family, love for my friends, and love for my enemies. May all people see our good works and GLORIFY OUR FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN! Christ must increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...