Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

DIY Canvas Scratch Art


My oldest loves the Eiffel Tower. She wants to go there for her 10 yr birthday trip. Being that she has a huge cityscape of Paris on her bedroom wall, I thought a homemade scratch art of the Eiffel Tower would go well.

Needed:
Canvas
Oil pastels
Acrylic paint
Paintbrush
Stencil (if desired)

  • You take a canvas (mine was formerly watercolored on parts of it...which showed through in some areas) and cover the entire canvas with oil pastels. Coat it on thick:)
  • Next, take your acrylic paint and cover the entire canvas with paint.
  • Allow paint to dry.
  • Next, place your stencil(s) *if using* on the canvas. Scratch an outline of the stencil (I used the pointy edge of a pen cap).


  • If desired, scratch off the paint inside the outlined piece.


  • Next, place your word stencils *if using* on the canvas and scratch out the letters.

  • Enjoy and display in some place fun!


This project was an impulse one. I had a slightly used canvas, oil pastels and acrylic paint, so I set to work this morning making this. It took 3-3.5 hrs, including feeding kids breakfast, printing & cutting out stencils and dealing with whining kids. I owe my friend Kim for introducing me to homemade scratch art (on paper) last Friday. It sparked my creative side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...