Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Do we have to label?

Why do we as people have to label everyone and everything? What is so important about it?

The longer I live, and the further along the path I walk, I find that I don't fit in anywhere. That's fine. I'm a stranger roaming this Earth until it is time for me to go to the one place I truly do belong, my true home.

I am a homeschooler. But I'm that type of homeschooler. I don't do school at home. I don't force my kids to follow a set schedule. I don't tell my kids what they have to learn. I don't force my kids to study anything. I let them master skills when they are ready. I don't make them do work in any workbooks. I don't make them read any textbooks.

I am an unschooler. But I haven't deschooled enough. I own textbooks and workbooks. I limit the amount of time my kids spend in front of an electronic screen. My oldest kid attends the local Korean elementary school. I think workbooks are just as viable an option as video games are to learn whatever it is the kids want to learn.

I am a Christian. I follow Christ, not an organization. I am not a Southern Baptist. I am not an Independent Fundamental Baptist. I am not a Lutheran. I am not a Methodist. I am not a Mormon. I am not a New Testament Christian. I am not a Catholic. I am not a Jehovah's Witness. I am not Pentecostal. I believe the church is a group of believers, not a building. I look at the way Christ taught his disciples and the way churches in the western world do "business" and find the parallel very hard to see.


I am learning to let go of labels. I used to look down on others for not being the "same" as me. Oh my how I've grown! And to be sure, I'm still growing. So if you send your kids to school. Or follow Christ with a different flavor. Or are a strict by the book type of homeschooler. Or are a hippie tree hugger. I may not agree with you in some areas, but it's your life. You were given those kids, not me. Let me just see you through the eyes of Christ and love you because you are made in the image of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...