Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Birthday Bash part 2


Last weekend we went to my grandma's 90th birthday bash. We had a fun time up there. However, like always, I tried to squeeze in as much visiting as I could in those short 4 days. It makes for a tired mama. I did get to see a long time friend and her new adorable baby girl. I managed to see both of my grandmas, another friend who was in town visiting her family, and some cousins and aunts/uncle on my dad's side who happened to be at my other grandma's when we stopped by.

These are some pictures from the big gathering on Saturday. One of my aunts hired a professional photographer. I love the above picture of Daniel standing on the 90 butterfingers to see what Grandma was up to.

Below is a picture of Great Grandma Vik with her great grandkids (minus my cousin's baby and my Little Man).

 This is a group photo. The only people missing in this picture are my mom and Daniel. Daniel had to fly, so he couldn't make the trip. My mom, who knows.

The crazy group of people I claim as my family...I guess it's appropriate that Daniel isn't in the picture, he's not crazy.

All of us with my grandma. Oh how we love this lady. She is 90 and still full of spunk. She has always been involved in our lives, ever since we were tiny kids. She is the reason we were "cultured". She would take us to plays, sporting events, ballet classes,  museums and celebrated every occasion possible. I'm so thankful my kids have had a chance to get to know her:)

The long weekend was fun, but now it's time to pack up and get everything in order for our flight to Korea...less than 3 weeks!!! We go camping at the Grand Canyon next weekend. Then the following weekend, more of my family is flying to Phoenix to pick up our cars and keep them during our 2 years in Korea. Then it's less than a week to sit on a 12 hour flight across the great blue yonder, into the Land of the Morning Calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...