Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Friday, May 9, 2014

Farewells

2 weeks ago our Life Group from church had a little farewell gathering for us. We got together at the children's home we hang out at each week. It was a fun time of fellowship and love. Though I honestly will not miss living in the South, I am going to definitely miss our friends. These 2 groups are really they only friends I have down here. I have other acquaintances, but nothing like the connection with the people I hang with every week. My dear sweet neighbor made this delicious cake for us. Don't you love it?
Then she put together a photo book for us, with pictures of all the families in our life group and a quote from each family. I fought back the tears (and won). You almost made me cry Melanie!

Tisha made me a photo album scrapbook of some of our time at the children's home. She also had each person write me a little note. Again, the tears tried, but got defeated, though they just tried for a come back right now too...

I am going to miss the welcome smiles. I am going to miss Tisha's happy face. I am going to miss Billy's special way with little Daniel. I am going to miss the home-like feel, knowing that I am welcome any time. I am going to miss the kids, from energetic little H to quiet B to vocal D, and all others in between. They have taught me so much, yet I don't know how to vocalize exactly what it is I've learned. God has definitely used this to soften and solidify my heart for the "unwanted" teens. Not that they aren't wanted, but when it comes to adoption, most people avoid teenagers. I know when we fostered in NY I avoided any kid older than 3, unless it was a respite. Oh how God has changed my heart. He has changed my desire from adopting young kids to older children (whenever He decides it is time).

Hugs and fun with our friends:)



The following day Daniel had his farewell for work. We went to one of his coworker's lake house for a bar-b-que and fun filled day on Lake Eufala. It was definitely dog friendly, as many people brought their dogs. The kids enjoyed loving on them, especially little Daniel who kept chasing the littlest dog around.
 Yahaira went full-out and got in the cold, brown water. And they have alligators this far north too! I opted to stay somewhat dry and only take her and little Daniel out on the kayak and canoe...which Israella had a meltdown when we left her on shore (because she did not want to go on the canoe). So canoeing was very short.

Daniel's unit got him this cool engraved box with a plaque on the inside lid. It looks like they actually put some thought in to it...which is not the case in some units. We are looking forward to our move to Korea:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...