Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sitting at Christ's feet (among other things)

There's no better time than the middle of the night to spend some time with God. We were jolted awake after midnight by a loud slam. Not sure what it was, Daniel got up and checked on the baby. Not him, he was snoozing away. After laying in bed for a minute I decided to check on the girls. Daniel should be glad it was me and not him. I encountered a poor young girl who had a mess of a bed (among other things) and needed a good rinse ASAP!

It made me very sad to see her so ashamed. I was not mad in the least. I was actually filled with compassion for her. I know how awful it must feel to wake up to an accident that is gross and smelly and nasty feeling. So, we got a nice warm bath, scrubbed clean, new jammies and tucked nice and warm into bed with Daddy. I then got to set about cleaning up to mess. I actually enjoyed the time "sitting" at Christ's feet (though I was far from just sitting on my lazy old bum). Now don't get me wrong, I do not wish to make being awake in the middle of the night, cleaning up messes, a reoccurring thing. I very much desire my sleep. I'm just so thankful that Christ was able to turn a very unpleasant thing into a time of fellowship with Him. Now, once the laundry is finished being washed I can go back to sleep:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...