Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Monday, July 9, 2012

Attitudes and such

I am thankful for naps. I mean really really thankful for naps.

This past weekend, though it seems like it has been going on for weeks, was a rough one.

This afternoon was a rough one.

Does anyone else get so worn down with the bickering and fighting and blatant disobedience that they seem like they are about to snap? Anyone? Or is that just me?

I fell asleep thinking about why the girls are so ugh! lately, and when I woke up I think I had an answer...well answers.

First of all, the girls and I have not been eating very healthy lately. My craving for junk food, mixed in with my laziness these past few weeks, mixed in with Daniel's suggestiveness to eat out, mixed in with a friend visiting who is more than willing to eat out with me leads to a lot less raw fruits and veggies and a whole lot more ice cream and convenience foods.

Second of all, being so tired and lazy led me to ignore the attitudes when they first started to rear their ugly little heads. Which then led them to think that their behavior was acceptable. I'm sorry. Since I didn't nip this stuff in the butt at the very beginning, I have to go back and try to retrain the girls' view on attitude, which take a million times more work!

Thirdly, I had gotten to the point where I was so annoyed, overwhelmed, frustrated, angry, you name it, that I was not able to effectively cope with the nasty behavior and thus discipline it in a godly way. I knew I couldn't spank them because I was so aggravated that I would be spanking them out of anger and not love. So, that led me to just yell at them to, "get out of my face and go away!" That just seemed to make things worse because then they just viewed mommy as being mean and not wanting to be near them. Yes, I did not want to be around that attitude. that back talking. that disobedience. Rather then remove myself from the girls and take a chill pill, I would just yell at them and tell them how unhappy I was with them. I'm sorry.

So now that the Holy Spirit has given me some answers to my demands of why?! It's my job to obey His leading and show these girls the love of Christ. I need to die daily. Lord, please help me!

1 comment:

  1. Look at your post prior to this one and hang in there Amanda!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...