Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An encounter of the deadly kind

So I just killed a black widow spider this afternoon. I was moving the bricks left in the area that should be the sandbox on the girls' swing set. I moved a lot of bricks, concerned about encountering a brown recluse, and then low and behold I turn over a brick and there's the bright red spot on the black body...a black widow. I instantaneously dropped the brick, grabbed a broken board and repeatedly hit the thing until it was squished. I know I'm suppose to be kind to God's creation, but things that have the potential to kill my small children are going to be squashed by me. Sorry. After that I made Daniel come out and move the rest of the bricks out from under the play set. After kicking the rest of the brick onto a cardboard box and dragging them out next to the trash can I went back to do a final go around and noticed a hornets' nest above that area. I made Daniel come back out and  knock it down. I love having my hubby home to deal with all of this. I can do it. But why bother when he's here to enjoy it? I did deal with bugs, bees and BATS while he was deployed, so I'll leave the spiders and hornets to him this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...