Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Friday, January 6, 2012

Juicy Fun

So our juicer was delivered yesterday. We had fun making some fresh pressed apple juice and then a mix of apple, carrot and onion juice for me. Note to self: 1 onion is too much, even if it is a tiny onion!

1 apple, 2 carrots and 1 small onion
(it had some zing alright!)
(I could only down half of it)
 I've had a craving for pad thai the past few days, and rather than go to the Thai Food Restaurant and spend some CA$H MONEY, I decided last night to go ahead and make my own. Having never made pad thai before, it was an experiment. Well, we ran to the local Asain Food store to get wide rice noodles, chili sauce, ginger and green onions. That chili sauce is SPICY. It kicked my butt. It kicked the girls' butts too. So here is what it looked like when all was said and done:
 Daniel made some fresh apple juice too:
Well, we dove right in and it was delicious. But then, after a few bites of it, Yahaira's mouth started to feel like it was burning. Israella told me it was, "Spicy," and then my mouth felt the heat. Daniel kindly poured us a large glass of almond milk that we passed around in a circle drinking. He then made Yahaira a carrot covered in salt. I don't know the workings of it, but it calmed the storm. So then I took the pad thai and rinsed it off in the sink. We then continued to eat our non-spicy rice noodles with eggs, peanuts, cilantro, garlic, ginger, green onions and bean sprouts. It didn't have much flavor, but with lemon juice it was still good.

So the moral of the story is:
if you can't handle the heat don't had the full amount of chili sauce.
Next time I'll add a 1/4 of what is called for.

1 comment:

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...