Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thrifty

So the other day I finally decided to go and work on the dresser that I had sitting out on our front porch...it's been sitting there since the beginning of October. It was painted in a lime green paint, which I was totally fine with leaving, but then once I got it home and in the house I noticed that it smelled reeked like cigarette smoke. I thought, I'll let it air a few days and that should do. Nope. So then I thought, I'll peel the paint off. Nope. So then I just let it sit because I knew it needed to be primed and painted over. Long story short, I primed it with 2-3 coats of primer and put new drawer pulls on it and called it a day. I will paint it with an actual coat of paint when I find some cheap (and cute) oops paint, or when I decide to go buy a quart of paint. Now which color?
Before
After
On another thrifty note, Yahaira and I dreamed the Impossible Dream (all you Watertown friends get the joke) and found some awesome deals. I got lots of long sleeve shirts and pants for Israella (I guess I gave away most of my size 2T winter stuff last year) and some nice size 5 clothes for Yahaira. I can't believe she's going to be 5 next month!!! I also found a book with different party games to play, and another book on science experiments for Yahaira (and Israella when she's a bit older) to do. The clothes were mostly a quarter a piece, but no more than $1. The books were each 4 cents. Now that's thrifting in my opinion:)
.
On a closing note, THIS IS FOR YOU DAD!
Girls with chicken bones!
I love you! No, they did NOT choke!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...