Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Open My Eyes Lord

So I was washing the dishes this afternoon and God showed me a truth that I have had a vague, in the back of my mind, understanding of BUT now really realize it as reality. He opened my eyes to my uncomfortableness about actually being a witness for Him. Let me explain.

I have heard over and over for the past number of years (about going door knocking/soul winning/visitation/whatever you call it), "Come on out; you don't even have to talk. Just hand the people a church invitation or tract, or leave it on the door." Now this has kind of bugged me for awhile, but I didn't have any words to explain what it was that bugged me. Shouldn't I be happy that people are being invited to "church"?

I am happy when God adds to His Church. I am very happy when a sinner forsakes his/her former ways and clings to Christ.

I'm not happy about seeing so many clueless lost people filling church buildings because that's the "thing to do." People can not be invited to partake in church, unless they are spiritually born into God's family through Christ, because the Church is only comprised of believers. The Church is Christ's bride, not a building. So I'm bothered by the big push to get people "in through the doors," people who aren't even able to partake in the Church because they are really enemies with God.

So what does this have to do with being uncomfortable for being a witness for Christ? Well, telling people just to invite folks out so that someone else can evangelize them is not what Christ commanded His disciples! If you are a disciple of Christ you are commanded to go out into the world and preach the Word (2 Timothy 4:2; and Christ is the Word made flesh John 1:14). You are promised to be despised, rejected, betrayed, and hated just like Christ was (John 15:18-20). Believers are not promised ease in this life. They are not promised being warmly accepted by others when they do share their faith. No, we are promised rejection by the world. So if I know that I am going to be rejected by those of this world, why am I afraid to be rejected by those of this world?! The answer is that I should not be afraid of being rejected, nor of anything else that those of this world can do to me (Matthew 10:28). I am to be steadfast set on pleasing the One I chose to serve, Christ! So if I chose to serve Christ, then I ought to go and SERVE Christ. I am His bondservant. I will not fear what man can do to me. I will fear my Lord and my Savior!

It was such a blessing to hear God's Spirit teaching me truth. What truths have you learned from God lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...