Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Colossians 1:10

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

Wait, you're what?

We're in the business of raising autonomous adults NOT children here!

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES

Thursday, November 25, 2010

An Adventure

Sorry that we have not been updating the blog lately, but we are on vacation. The girls and I left New York over a week and a half ago to go spend some time with family. The trip out to Grandma Kelly's and Grandpa Ed's was an experience. We decided we would try to Space A it since it was free.
We left NY at 2:30am, drove 5.5 hours to southeastern PA, waited for another 5 hours, got on a small jet and flew to Ohio.
(Yahaira asleep on the plane to OH)
In Ohio we wanted to catch the plane to Illinois, but the pilots said that a General was on that plane and we couldn't fly on it. Well, the guy in charge of the terminal told me, "Don't worry, you can fly on it, a General won't deny you."
Ok.
So we waited for a definite answer.
The General was a 1 star, and very nice and friendly. He let us on the plane (which was a super nice jet). He even helped carry some of our stuff...we had a lot:( [The girls and I had 3 bags weighing 22pounds each, 2 small backpacks, 1 stroller, 1 carseat, 1 booster seat for eating at the table] AND IT WAS RAINING! I was SO THANKFUL for such kindness!
We made it to Illinois. The lodging on base was full, so we had to get a hotel off base. Then we had to pay a bunch for a taxi to the hotel (and back to the base the next morning).
We waited, hoping to get the flight to Kansas, but it was delayed 24hrs because of storms in DC (where the plane was coming from). Since it was 11am, I did not want to stay another night in IL. I called around and found a car to rent to drive to Kansas City. We had to get to the place to pick it up, but I didn't want to shell out another $50 or so for a cab, so I used Daniel's handy Droid and found a way to Budget via public transportation. It cost us $2.75 and took just over 1 hour. I'm sure I looked ridiculous lugging all our stuff and 2 kids! God truly is a provider, because we made it there safely and in a sound mind. We even got onto the wrong bus (right number, wrong direction), and before the bus took off (when I was asking for help in knowing when to get off) the bus driver told me I wanted the other bus, which just pulled up. She had a guy run and hold the bus for us while I got everything off of her bus and on to the other one. Some gentlemen even helped us. Such blessings!
We made it to Budget, and the hold they place on your debit card was $200 instead of the $500 I was told earlier! That was nice!:) So we got the car, went to Target, got diapers, a lunchable and a carseat for Yahaira (since I didn't bring hers...too much stuff). We hit the road and the girls slept the 5 hours to Kansas City.
Here is Yahaira, Grandma Kelly and cousin Isabella juicing apples. They made fresh apple juice almost every day, and it was GOOD:)

Israella and me at Kaleidoscope in Kansas City
(It's a part of the Hallmark Corporation...kids get to go make free stuff out of the scraps and stuff of that sort) Israella was painting, notice the paint on her face.

Now we are in Big Sky, MT enjoying Thanksgiving (and my mom's 50th birthday). We are going to go snowboarding tomorrow, and Yahaira is going to try skiing. This should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. I have been eagerly waiting for an update! Glad the Space-A worked out . . . kinda! We love you ladies :) You will be here in less than 2 months!!!! Love you, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear from you all, so leave me a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...